Thursday, July 4, 2013

What should I do in case Lost/Stolen of a Passport.


Q: What do I do if I lose my passport?

A: Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station and to the Passport Office (PO) or Indian Mission, if abroad. You can apply for “Re-issue” of passport at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and submit the required documents along with your passport application form.


Q: I lost my passport recently. I’ve applied for a duplicate passport. I want to know if the new passport will have the same number as my old passport, or a new number?

A: The new passport will have a new passport number, with a fresh validity of 10 years.


Q: I recently lost my valid passport, but do not have the details. Will it be possible for the Passport Office (PO) to trace the details from your system and give them to me for filling my application form for a duplicate/new passport?

A: You need to visit Assistant Passport Officer (APO) at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).


Q: What can I do if I have lost my passport and have to travel to India urgently due to an emergency like serious illness or death in the family?

A: If you have lost your passport during travelling, then you can come to India on the basis of “Emergency Certificate”. For the issuance of “Emergency Certificate”, you need to contact the respective mission/post of that country.


Q: What is the procedure to apply for duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport?

A: To apply for a duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport, you have to apply for a “Re-issue” of passport.


Q: I am an Indian living in Germany. I lost my Indian passport but I don’t have photocopy of the same. What should I do?

A: Photocopy of the old passport is not a mandatory document to be submitted in case of lost/damaged/stolen passport. It should be produced, if it is available. But you will have to produce, the previous passport details like Passport number, Date of issue, Date of expiry and Place of issue, while filling the passport application form. If you do not have that information, then contact the respective mission/post of that country.


Q: In case of lost/damaged passport we cannot apply under the Tatkaal scheme, but according to the fee list, in the Tatkaal scheme for such cases, additional Tatkaal fee of Rs.1500 is being charged Please clarify.

A: Tatkaal can be granted only after Assistant Passport Officers (APOs)/Regional Passport Officer (RPOs) approval.


Q: I have lost my passport and want to apply for re-issue of passport. I don’t remember my passport number. What should I do?

A: Please meet the Assistant Passport Officer (APO) at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Passport appointment booking and appointment schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment