Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day at Passport Seva Kendra Gurgaon, Delhi


This is the post from one of our blog reader regarding Booking Passport appointment online and scheduling appointment. If you feel anything appropriate please tell Us.
I have already write a post on
A day at PSK Gurgaon Delhi
Like many Indians, I too was reluctant in visiting the Delhi Passport Office to get some changes made in my and my wife's passport. I had heard all the time that work gets done only through touts and agents and that trying to get something done yourself is waste of time. Having faced similar challenges in other Govt offices, I always kept postponing my visit. When it was urgent for me to get those changes done, I started looking after agents. I could never trust promises of any agent and was reluctant in handing over my original passport to any of them. This kept delaying the process further. One early morning, while reading my newspaper, I realized that Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) is being opened in Gurgaon, Delhi and Gurgaon, Delhi people can get their passport work done from there without visiting Delhi Passport office. I thought I am lucky ans started smiling. But that smile lasted for few days only as withing 2-3 days I got reviews from that kendra in newspaper where people started complaing about facilities like no parking, no toilets, computers going down often and use of paper work as backup etc. I started going after agents again and lost few more weeks until one of my colleagues, Lalit Nagpal, shared his experiences where his application was processed within 2 hours at Passport Seva Kendra and everything was done electronically including taking his picture. This gave me some light of hope and I finally decided to go for it.

Happily I created online profile for myself and my wife. I created my application and took online appointment for a particular day and time for passport. I did the same for my wife but was disappointed when I did not get same time passport appointment for her. Her appointment was one hour later. Anyhow we decided to go together to passport office assuming they would allow us together being a couple.

We were at PSK Gurgaon, Delhi at 9:00am as per my schedule appointment letter and started struggling with parking. There was no space available and there was no public parking near by. I had to take the risk of parking on road. We showed our appointment letter to the security guard. He marked some token number on my letter but refused to do so for my wife saying he will do so after an hour. That was rude considering that both of us needed same changes and many original documents for her were shared one. Anyhow we got inside and stood in queue to get token. When my turn came, I handed over everything asked and guy issued me the token. Taking chances, I then gave my wife's documents to the person at counter and he started the process. We thought he would give us token and not us to wait. But at the end we were surprised when he said that he can issues token only after one hour. Well, I had to part away from my wife for few minutes. I handed over her documents to her and guided her how to get token while I went inside. Security man was doing great job at identifying who should be allowed to get inside and who not. As soon as I got in, I saw large screen displays with token number and corresponding counters where one should go. Mine was still not displayed. After 15 minutes, my turn came and I went to the counter. Lady at counter was very courteous and greeted me well. She completed all formalities keeping me comfortable all the time. All the documents were scanned and uploaded to my profile  She took my picture and asked me to validate all application details. She allowed me to make changes in address as per my documents. She took the fees and issued receipts. She printed application and made me sign. Everything was done in about 15 mins. She then asked me to go to another section and wait there for further instructions. I reached there and observed same pattern i.e. many counters and screen displays indicating which token at which counter. It took 30 minutes for my turn to come and only 1 minute for processing there. Then I was sent to last section where the passport officer validated my documents further and asked me to collect acknowledgement from exit gate. Throughout the process there were many people from TCS roaming around helping people who may feel lost. Overall the experience was good except for parking and not allowing my wife to go along with me. She had to get her application processed on her own with one hour lag.

Final recommendation: I give 4 star (out of 5) to PSKs and encourage everyone to use them instead of Regional Passport Office Delhi Psk Gurgaon. Schedule appointment for passport in India

No comments:

Post a Comment