Saturday, July 20, 2013

A day at Passport office Tirupathi Hyderabad

One of my blog reader wrote this & requested to publish If you feel anything inappropriate please tell us.

I have scheduled the visit to PSK Ameerpet under RPO hyderabad around 20th April 2012.

I had in the project to get my children passport Feb-2012. I was unable to get online passport appointment for Tirupathi Hyderabad  I have tried to schedule passport appointment in tatkaal. After that tried for Normal appointment. Appointment slots were never opened for Ameerpet, Begumpet, Toli chowki tirupathi psk in hyderabad. Passport seva customer care 1800-258-1800 told me to try exactly at 7:30PM between Sunday to Thursday to get one. I read in some blog that other users were also facing hardship on this. Fortunately  in May 2012. www.passportindia.gov.in got fixed and started showing open slots. They were after 15 days but that is acceptable.
Passport appointment of india

Preparation before visit to The PSK Tirupathi Hyderabad

I have applied for the fresh passport for my both children 3+ and 4+ years old. For documents related info I tried the document advisory on the site. After checking a set of check boxes, I come to know the documents I need to carry. I have clicked up some doubts and made 3-4 calls to the passport seva customer care ( 1800-258-1800 ) who were able to clarify some doubts, they needs to be more trained.

My application of feburary was 90 days old. So I submitted to fresh passport application online as ARN more than 90 days were deleted automatically.
For 3+ year child, customer care advised to carry passport size photo with white background. For 4+, it will be taken at the PSK. and not required.
But I carried his photos also to be on safe side.
I had my passport endorsed with my wife name. Also birth certificates for the children. That is all needed. One xerox copies of each document, self attested.
My children birth certificate had the changed name of my wife after marriage where as we had not yet applied for her passport name change. Hence, I decided to carry marriage affidavit (annexure D) which came handy during the visit. I do not have the marriage certificate.
I also carried other supporting documents for the changed name for my wife – her bank account statement for a year, voter id. but verification concluded with marriage affidavit and did not need other documents.
Children need to visit along with you to PSK, My wife went to PSK along with me, it helped much since both children were called on different counters at the same time.
Carried originals of all document – passports of parents, birth certificates. these were checked and verified multiple times for at PSK.
DD is not mandatory as PSK accept the fees in cash. I paid Rs 600/- per child.
Original Marriage affidavit (annexure D) copy is taken up. I had carried two original marriage affidavits. This work can be done in front of kukatpally eseva office Tirupathi Hyderabad for 150-200/- per marriage affidavit. There are many small shops in front of the office that do the notary documents work. They also have the annexure D format. You only need to carry a photo of both of you together which the guy will cut to smaller size and paste on the affidavit. If I had marriage certificate, probably this was not required.
Visit to PSK

With all the documentation preparation done, I cross checked all the documents once more in the morning, and again checked 1 hour before the reporting time. Aditya trade center is little inside on the road turning right beside Mytrivanam building. This road is one way. I need to take U turn and taken turn before MyTrivanam and come to the place. Auto wala helped me to give the direction. It’s a tall new building but no parking inside. Need to find a place to park outside.I went to morning so found parking place.

PSK experience was awesome. Centralized AC, neat and clean interior. Full process is streamlined into 3 steps including token number. Your token number flashes on big multiple LED TV along with officer table number to visit in waiting lounges. Given that we were with children, we were accommodated on a separate queue and officer came to us to speed up collecting right documents. Directed us to a counter to create a file and generate token number for us. With in 10 minutes, we had the token and entered the waiting lounge. We met 3 officers after this before getting done.

First, customer service executive queue A. She took all the right documents in first level verification,  all the documents were scanned and uploaded to server and took finger prints, but in case of minor below 5 years, finger prints were not taken. While executive is processing items on computer, you can see all details on a LCD display facing you. awesome! All of them – well dressed in the same dress, equipped with latest fast scanner. Process took order of 15 minutes.
Next we waited in waiting lounge for your token to flash for a Verification officer counter queue B. There are government passport officers. This steps took a wait time upto 1 hour. But place is well kept, we were just fine waiting for our turn. Now its time to visit to VO. VO looked at originals and scanned documents, verified and pushed the token to next queue C. This meet was order of 10 minutes.
Next we need to wait for the PO (passport officer) in queue C. Wait time was less here order of 10 minutes. There are around 4 to 5 PO counters. PO did sanity check of the documents against original and I think approved the application. File was kept with her and we were directed to exit counter to collect acknowledgement receipt. This interaction was of 5 minutes max.
Exit counter we got the acknowledgement receipt without any wait time. We are expected to get out from the next door. We got out at around 1 PM.
How was the experience

This experience was Simply awesome! Home work also paid, I indeed need to attach marriage affidavit for one child application because of my wife changed name in birth certificate.

I have to visit 2 more times yet once to re-issue the passport of my parents, and once for my wife.

Last time I had such experience dealing with governmental formality was Aadhar card registration process at Karvy office. It was highly stream lined with no confusion but Aadhar card never got delivered we are waiting yet for 8 months for them to come home! I will inform later when the passport arrive home. For children, policy verification is not required.

Passport for one child is delivered on 5/24 by speed post within one week, awesome as my application was normal.

This is the role model experience for application processing at PSK. We need all government offices to get HERE (especially RTOs where I have struggled). Thanks to the PSK Team for making my day today!

Another visit to Hyderabad Passport office


This time it's was for my mother's passport.

The experience was overall good like last time.  Few facts:

I was carrying HDFC bank statement as proof of address but the requirement is to have also a cover letter from the bank. Note: Bank statement accepted to be presented in original with bank seal on each page of the statement.
For my mother, I could accompany inside the PSK as she was senior citizen. but for my wife,  not allowed. The plight of accompanying husbands, grandfather is sad since they have to wait outside with no chairs standing for couple of hours. Nevertheless, some arrangement for the “family member” (that probably can be certified by some documentary proof), even to sit outside, will help – to improve the experience overall.
Update:

I had missed the passport appointment Tirupathi Hyderabad for my father since he was unwell on day of  appointment schedule day. I have to cancelled the managed appointment because it will delete the whole passport application form.
Scheduling normal appointment this time was not available during the day. I have to try after 7:30 PM IST(actually I tried around 7:50 ). Only few slots were available 14 days later. I took one. I guess there is high demands for the appointment for passport for Tirupathi Hyderabad.

Passport Appointment Booking

No comments:

Post a Comment