Thursday, July 4, 2013

How to book Passport Appointment And Delhi RPO Experience

This is the post from one of our blog reader regading Scheduling Passport appointment booking Online  . If you feel anything appropriate please tell us.

From July 2, one can log into www.passportindia.gov.in 36-hours ahead of scheduled passport appointment booking date in order to increase passport appointment window availability and providing greater time period for people to apply for passport services. Source

    First  Register through the Passport Seva Portal and create a User ID. (Click on “Register” link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
    Login to the Seva Portal with the User ID created.
    Upload all the required documents  through the “Upload e-Form” link. Do not upload the PDF form at this stage as only XML file is accepted by the system.
    Click the “Manage Appointment” link on Applicant Home page to schedule an slot at your preferred PSK. You can schedule an passport appointment booking using “Manage Appointment” button. Your application must be submitted (.i.e Date of Submission should not be blank) in order to avail this facility. In case you have already taken a slot, please ensure to get your token issued (at PSK) before the scheduled time.
Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN).Visit the PSK for which appointment booking has been taken, along with original and xerox self attested documents.

Tips to Get Slot booking Easily – You need to schedule passport appointment  in order to complete the remaining formalities like Documents verification and completing the Interview process

    So the hardest part is to book an appointment. Getting or Managing an appointment Slot in PSK  is not easy, because of lots of applications submitted daily and many people are trying to scheduling appointment at same time.
    Say for Passport Appointment Bangalore, timings for booking the slot is 6.00PM. The timings will be different for other cities.
    If you are not able to get the passport appointment, try booking to get the slot in TATKAAL, ideally its also a same thing, but the possibility is bit more.
    Make sure your internet speed is good and close all other download or webpages. In this way you will get enough bandwidth for your passport appointment managing process.
    Make sure you enter CAPTCHAS very fast as to avoid wastage of time. You may be required to enter CAPTCHAS two times.
    Most Important POINT : When you get an  option to select the slot timing, be quick to select the date and time. Try to avoid wastage of time when making the decision. The more quick you are your more possibility of getting the Slot.
    Select Quota and Choose Randomly.


When we applied for re-issue of passport at PSK Gurgaon, my wife was lucky while I was not so. Her passport was granted immediately and arrived within 3 weeks while for me they put my application on hold giving no justifiable reason. Someone told because I am from Jammu & Kashmir, another person told because there is someone else who has also applied using my credentials and another person saying because my current passport was issued by Indian embassy abroad etc. Eventually I was told by the granting office at PSK that they can not process my application and I will have to visit RPO Delhi to process it further. She said I should go to Room 2 Hall 2 there. During this process lady canceled my current passport which had valid work visa to visit US. So I was now left with no passport and with my application stuck for no reasons. I asked the lady when I should visit RPO, she said after a week ensuring that my file has physically reached there. I waited for 2 weeks and one day decided to visit RPO. I started looking at Internet as to when I should reach there. While there was all help available from various blogs about Dos and Don't for visiting RPO Delhi when applying for new passport, there was no help available when one is visiting just to followup on existing application submitted at PSK. So I tried to use the Dos an Dont's of new application visitors and acted as per advise on net.

I left Gurgaon at 7:15am to reach RPO Delhi at 8:00am Sharp (No Appointment is required). I was told that gates open at around 10:00am and line starts getting piled up from 8:00am onwards. Upon reaching there I found parking easily as I was among first to reach there. I asked someone where is the line and he pointed me to one. I stood there for 10 mins and observed that there was another line. When I asked the person in front of me what the other line was for, he told me that line is for senior citizens and govt employees. I asked whether a person visiting RPO to followup on application also needs to stand in line, he asked me to validate with security guard who of course would show at around 9:00am. By this time both lines had around 100+ people. When security guard came he told me to stand in second queue. I started cursing my luck as when I came to RPO that line only had 20 people while now it has 100+ people. Security told me not to worry as that line moves fast. So I stood in the queue. While chatting with person i front of me in second line, I came to know that there are different rooms for different people based on where the application was submitted. Luckily guard told me a room. Door opened at sharp 10:00am and our line was allowed to get inside. People started rushing towards their rooms. I reached outside my room to find a notice their people wanting to meet PRO there should go to Room 16 on floor 2. I hurriedly went towards that room and security on they way told I am the first going towards that room. When I reached that room, person sitting inside told me that I should visit next room as system in his room is not working. Well finally I reached the room they asked me to. I waited for an hour before the PRO arrived. He first started cursing the new system from TCS saying that TCS systems are slow etc. He then asked TCS guy to locate my file in system and asked for reasons for not issuing passport. TCS guys found my records in system and told that physical file is in PRO office itself and that application was on hold as PAC (Prior Approval) is needed. When I asked PRO why PCA is needed he said it could be any of those reasons told to me at PSK Gurgaon, Delhi. I asked him to give specific reason and he refused saying he can give specific reasons only after physical file has reached his office and police report has also come. Eventually I left for home (with instructions to check his office again in 15 days for any progress).

I learnt following:

You do not need reach RPO earlier than 10:00am for followup on existing cases for PSK applications as line for this moves very fast.
Better to reach there at 11:00am as PRO comes by that time online.
You do have to force PRO for giving more information as easy conversation like by me does not help. One probably has to shout.
Park at right place only as I did find few vehicles being towed.
Don't drink too much water as I did not find a loo there.
Do stand in right queue. One on left side of gate is for fresh applications. there are two on tight sides of gates. One for followup on existing applications and another for senior citizens and govt employees for any work including fresh applications. Online Passport Appointment Management and schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment